Diatomaceous Earth Alert – Issue #17 (see more or subscribe) shared from By Weekly newsletter of Practitioners
Today I would like to chat about diatomaceous eath and why you should never ingest it.
WHAT IS DIATOMACEOUS EARTH? – Well, it is a chalk-like substance that is composed of fossilized diatoms that have formed together into silica deposits, which are ground into a powder and called diatomaceous earth. It is basically a soft sedimentary rock that crumbles into a fine white powder.
With the word silica, many people have confused this with the mineral silica which is fantastic for hair, skin, nails, and cells in the human body. Minerals have been used in biochemical medicine for over 200 years, and are connected to modern homeopathic medicine.
The human body contains twelve essential minerals of which one is silica. This is known as cell salts, and are vital mineral constituents of the body.
Cell salts are minerals administered in a diluted or subdivided form, and biochemists such as Schuessler discovered that when minerals are administered in an undiluted form the can not enter the human cells and cause a strain for the body. This is the problem with Diatomaceous Earth.
There are two different grades of diatomaceous earth; food grade and pool grade.
Food grade diatomaceous earth is safe to use for the home, yards, and animals to name a few areas but not internally in the body, of a human or animal.
Pool grade diatomaceous earth is altered by high heat and is only safe to use in pools.
Some people have been told the diatomaceous earth will kill parasites and clear toxins from the gut, but it only will compromise your gut, and if you are sensitive and have a health condition it can be dangerous for your health.
There are many uses for diatomaceous earth. If you choose to use this please wear gloves as the hands are the same as the feet and have nerve endings that are connected to the organs of the body, a fantastic healing medium is Hand Reflexology.
- You can use diatomaceous earth for:
- Carpet Stain Remover
- Carpet Deodoriser
- Refrigerator Deodoriser
- Trash Can Deodoriser
- Car Deodoriser
- Eliminate Cockroaches
- Eliminate Ants or Fleas
- Eliminate Hornets & Wasps
- Eliminate Mice
- Natural Garden Pesticide
After seeing how dangerous this is for pests, you can see it is not advisable to take internally.
The reason for this newsletter is that I hear of more and more people ingesting diatomaceous earth – anyone who knows me would have heard of Anthony William’s who wrote the book Medical Medium where he goes into great detail on why it isn’t a good idea to ingest diatomaceous earth. Here are a few of his thoughts on ingesting diatomaceous earth:
If you’re using diatomaceous earth products, beware. They’re really, really, really a problem with the immune system. They’re touted as being good for the immune system. They’re touted as being good for the intestinal tract. People are consuming this. Not a good idea at all whatsoever. I don’t care if you haven’t felt a negative impact yet, you have to be cautious.
What this does internally, well it’s like diatomite. It’s a soft rock. It becomes like a white powder. It tenaciously binds to the inside lining of your intestinal tract and colon and it suffocates the intestinal tract. Sadly on top of that, it interferes with the intestines’ ability to absorb the nutrients from your food (all the good micronutrient trace minerals) and damages your natural hydrochloric acid killing good bacteria.
If you continue to use these diatomaceous earth products and you internalise them, you’re taking them internally, you will become deficient in so many vitamins and minerals, you will eventually end up with a compromised GI system.